News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter_Herreid

Longer video--Stanford Golf Course
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:54 AM »
OK, to follow the shorter video of Pasatiempo posted previously, here are two 4.5 minutes videos of the front and back nine at the Stanford Golf Course, which is not well-known or discussed on this Board, but is very well-known to many of GCA biggest "names" ;) ;)

As before, please turn your sound off if you don't care for the narration, which was done mostly for my father ;D

The first video is of the front nine, which has been altered significantly, both recently and in the past, by the intrusion of Sand Hill Rd, etc.

The second video highlights the more open feel of the back nine.

See if you can pick out the Bell/Thomas-oid features throughout...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndyy3oOZPBc (Front Nine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzOjnDJumTE  (Back Nine)

I do not have video of the practice facility, but it may exist somewhere else on youtube...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:57:38 AM by Peter_Herreid »

David Stamm

Re: Longer video--Stanford Golf Course
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »
Peter, thanks for posting this!

Just a little info on Bell/Thomas and Stanford. Thomas never visited the site as he was very ill. He drew plans for the course but never walked the property or saw the completed course. It proved to be the last time he and Bell worked together as Thomas died less than two years after the opening of the course of a heart attack. As a side note, the stylized bunkers that Thomas is known for is actually Bells doing.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »
Pete, your cinematography is getting better with each addition!  ;) ;D

Soon, you will graduate to panning and zooming...  ::) ;) ;D

I did enjoy the vids, even the Hawaii fam stuff.   :D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »
bump--

As the back nine video is now properly embedded...

I particularly enjoy the bunkering on #13, if you can't tell from the narration ;D ;D

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Peter!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back