News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Spaulding

Re: What architectural changes would you make
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »
I would start by removing the bunkering added over the last couple years at Pebble; holes 3/14/15 being initial targets.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

David Stamm

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 12:13:58 AM »
I would attempt to return Pebble to the look Egan had given it.

I would restore 2 and 8 at LACC North as well as some other items that I'm hoping will be taken care of by Gil and Geoff. 

Redo the bunkers at Riviera the way they were originally designed. I'm hoping with time they get the 8th to where it used to play. And return the 17th's green to the way it was originally designed. And get rid of the Kikuyu so the holes can play they way they were intended.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:20:51 AM by David Stamm »
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jim Nugent

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 12:17:09 AM »
If Olympic turns #7 into a 460 yarder, I would raze that and resurrect the current incarnation. 

David_Elvins

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »
Jim:

I have a hard time imagining that I would make any changes to Pebble Beach.  But I've never really thought about it.  There are a couple of holes I think are not very good, but that doesn't mean I would be confident of building a new version that was (a) better and (b) fit into the course seamlessly ... that's much harder to pull off than most green chairmen realize.

For example, the new 5th at Pebble is a good enough hole, but to me that green doesn't feel like it belongs at Pebble.

Tom,
You wouldn't consider a redo of the bunkering (position and style)? Or would that not qualify as an architectural change?
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
I should have differentiated "restorations" from "changes".

Restorations appear more self evident, changes more subjective.

I think I'd try to change the 1st hole at Essex County East.
As to what changes I'd make, I'll have to give that more thought, but, the hole doesn't seem to fit the golf course.  I wonder if the hole had an original version when the club had 36 holes.

George Bahto,

Any information on this ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back