News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick Hodgdon

Mike Davis to go 2-2 in Open set-ups...
« on: June 19, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
The way its looking out on the course this week it looks like they are going to set-up Interlachen for the Women's Open should be as good as the men's at Torrey imo. Similarities should include: the longest course the Women have seen to date (although probably shorter on Sun like the men saw) some tough, and very quick greens, a short but very tough reachable par-4 on Sat+Sun, a very tough #17, and a reachable par-5 18th to provide some more drama down the stretch. Obviously there won't be any Tiger/Rocco showdown (although an Ochoa/Sorrenstam one might not be bad) but I think that we should see another great USGA tournament and a big part will be the set-up by Mike Davis.

http://www.uswomensopen.com/news/course_setup.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:14:45 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Sam Morrow

Re: Mike Davis to go 2-2 in Open set-ups...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:09:53 PM »
It's got to be brutal for Mike Davis and the USGA staffers running 2 Opens in 3 weeks.  Of course it's better than the R&A going straight from the Open Championship to the Seniors.

John_Conley

current state of the LPGA
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:50 AM »
OMG Patrick, I know you'll be here next week and can't attend, but tell your friends who do they'll need a program.

Today's Leaderboard:

Miyazato, Jang, Park, Kim, Kang, Jeong, and Kerr

Yang, Bae, Han, Min, Alfredsson, Pressel, and Lucidi

-2 includes Park and Yi

-1 includes Wie, Kim, Kim, Kung, Lu, and Chung

Oh, don't let me leave out some of those at Even - Oh, Tseng, Yim, and Kim

Several non-Asian foreign player are at -1 and -2.

Mi Hyun Kim (who has won a ton of LPGA events) and Birdie Kim (winner of a Major) are over par and are different Kims than the aforementioned.

6 of top 7 and 10 of top 14 are from Asia.  (Yes, I know In-Bee moved here for golf when she was about 13.)

This Open might be hard to follow on TV.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:38:00 AM by John_Conley »

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
Yea talk about a list to get confused by. My buddy is caddying for Bae and he knows Interlachen as good as anyone and she is playing well. If I were a betting man I'd take her next week.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 10:38:06 AM »
Yea talk about a list to get confused by. My buddy is caddying for Bae and he knows Interlachen as good as anyone and she is playing well. If I were a betting man I'd take her next week.

Ask your buddy how the second green (11 for the Open) is shaping up. It was half GUR  a month ago.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »

Ask your buddy how the second green (11 for the Open) is shaping up. It was half GUR  a month ago.

It looked great yesterday when I was out there. The back left corner is a little dark brown but most of the winter-kill is gone. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back