News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

George Pazin

Re: O/T It's Not my Fault....Hats off in Pubs
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
A friend once told me the origination of hats off indoors was so that knights could identify friend or foe. I guess we've come full circle.

Good thing I usually don't wear hats. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Lou_Duran

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »
Bob Huntley,

Wow!  I knew of your influence on this site, but never dreamed that it reached across the Pond.  Impressive indeed.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:10:41 PM »
Bob, those coppers over there with their ubiquitous CCTV on street corners around pubs and such are way ahead of us. 

Here in the STates, a lot of folks are up in arms about using CCTV to monitor street happenings, citing big brother watching us.  Would they ever howl if we told them to remove their chapeaus... :o

I wouldn't be at all appalled if those two dapper men showed up inside the grill room of my golf course with cap in place, expecting some wry old tales from a couple of good old gents.

On the other hand, this guy wouldn't be welcome at all, even if a hood isn't exactly a cap...  no doubt he isn't planning on being around the club or on CCTV  ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
As long as they don't ban soiled shoes or football jerseys.

These things are negotiable anyway. I dropped a fiver on the steward in the Big Room last week and he hopped to. The cap stayed on and the G&Ts came post haste.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
As long as they don't ban soiled shoes or football jerseys.

These things are negotiable anyway. I dropped a fiver on the steward in the Big Room last week and he hopped to. The cap stayed on and the G&Ts came post haste.

Are you saying you wore a cap in the Big Room?  :o  I hope there weren't any senior members in the immediate vicinity!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back