News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Chapman

Nebraska Junior at Wild Horse
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Maybe Adam can chime in if he went out yesterday, but 74 was the low mark at Wild Horse in 40+ mph winds, with 83 making a playoff for the last four spots in the 32 player bracket.

http://www.nebgolf.org/Tournaments/juniormatchplay/index.htm

Adam Clayman

Re: Nebraska Junior at Wild Horse
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »
Yes Tony, I was there. The course was setup reasonably, although my soon to be Freshman (friend's son), had difficulty carrying some of the forced carries. He lost his first ball of the day on his first hole, the tenth, on his way to a 9. He battled back and shot a respectable 96. 51, 45.

Eric Kryanowaski (sp?) who finished second in the class B state tournament, shot 81 and Jeff Wrage (5th in state class B) shot 91.

Putting was the key, although with the recent rains, made the Wooga thick in spots placing a real premium driving onto the short grass.

The course was beautiful, as always.

Our low man in the group shot 90 and birdied the 15th from the right center of the fairway behind the right side fwy bunker, with a shot to about 6 feet, from an almost totally blind spot. I asked and he said he could only see the top of the stick. The wind from the NW assists on that hole to help hold the green.

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Ron Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:13:28 AM »
Wow Tony!
74 in steady 40 winds is quite impressive.
I long to get back to Wild Horse.  Perhaps I can break 100.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »
40 is a bit of an exaggeration. I was calculating 20-30. Maybe and just maybe there was a gust or two that hit 40 mph.
 Also, as the day warmed the winds lessened. There was an instance on the eleventh where the wind eased and my player did not change hi putting line. We got caught early with that lesson as it was a learning experience for the remainder of the day. It must've worked because other than the 4 putt on 7, he drained a few longs one and was easily putting the best in group with misses being only slight.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
Adam -- Are you following any matches today?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
No, Tony. I'd have gone back had we qualified and to see Jason Hines. But, He'll be here in Ogallala tonight.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back