News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

USGA Scoreboard
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »

In looking at Steve Stricker's scorecard on the site, I see he started on No. 10. Examining the card it would seem that he was seven under on the back, however the total shows but a 32. Does anyone find this at all strange?

Disaster seems to have hit him on the opening holes of the front side.

Bob

Matt_Cohn

Re: USGA Scoreboard
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »
He was -4, that's correct. I'm not seeing the -7 that you see. But he is indeed +6 thru 7 on the back.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
Matt,

On the card associated with Stricker, I'm seeing a birdie at 10, another at eleven, three pars in a row, birdies at 15 and 16, an eagle two at 17 and a birdie at 18.

Looks like seven under to me.

Bob

Tim Bert

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
Bob - Something is wrong with the hole-by-hole scorecared on the site linked from pgatour.com.  His real-time score was never better than -4.  I noticed the same thing you are talking about earlier and found it strange.

Probably just an intern that is having trouble typing in scores correctly!

John_Conley

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »
4 birdies on the back, 4 bogies and a double on the front.  In at 73.  Unless that isn't accurate, in which case it will change.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
22 players have now disappeared from the leaderboard, which only shows 56 players on the course.  Whay can't the USGA get this right?  It's not as if the PGA Tour doesn't have a working leaderboard they could licence.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

JohnV

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
The first day at any USGA championship is often very chaotic as a bunch of volunteers who've never used the computers try to input scores.  Given that they USGA has switched from Unisys to IBM this year, there might be even more problems than usual.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back