News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Re: Flemma's Furry Follies
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 12:07:43 PM »
Jay, I'm guessing there were plenty of guys more adept with the slingshot but we remember David because he slew Goliath. 

You aren't serious that there wasn't a world of difference between Ouimet and Vardon and Ray?

At least cite J. J. McDermott, Jr. in support of your premise.

;)
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
Jay, have you ever played Hazeltine, or covered a tournament there?
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
Jay, I'm guessing there were plenty of guys more adept with the slingshot but we remember David because he slew Goliath. 

You aren't serious that there wasn't a world of difference between Ouimet and Vardon and Ray?

At least cite J. J. McDermott, Jr. in support of your premise.

;)

Was Campbell better than Woods?

Rick, buzz me off list please, we'll talk.

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
Short answer, Jay says he has not been to Hazeltine. Sorry if that's considered a breach of IM etiquette, but the question was a fair one, asked in response to an opinion expressed in an open forum.

"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back