News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jon Spaulding

Man, I can hear a sigh of relief from your end 50 miles away; good chance you would have had two (2) T-Rob designs within walking distance of your house :'(....or a prequel to the Crossings.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Scott Weersing

It would seem the people want open space and the only homes available with open space are ones on a golf course.

I too wanted to buy a new house with a big yard (space) but most new homes have very small lots because the cost of land is so high. I was lucky and found a development with new houses on big lots.

As a golfer, I prefer courses with no homes or homes only on a few holes.

Tim Leahy

I find it interesting that when they say an area is "saturated with golf courses" it usually means that they can't charge a $100 a round for mediocre golf courses in the area.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Richard Boult

"At HomeFed, Noland worked on creating the master-planned San Elijo Hills community in San Marcos. There, two golf courses initially had been envisioned. But as the development plans took shape, both courses were eliminated and the emphasis shifted to a town center, more housing and 18 miles of walking trails, some with ocean views."

True, there is no golf at San Elijo Hills, but that's because they wanted to build the course on top of the ridgeline.  The residents of San Marcos, on the other side of the mountain from San Elijo, fought that and won.  San Elijo is a monster development with each resident paying something like $800/mo for 20 years to pay for schools, etc...

"For senior home buyers, the availability of golf near their homes continues to resonate highly. As an activity, golf came in second, after swimming, in a survey of residents last year at Pulte Homes' Del Webb brand of retirement communities."

They'd rather swim that play golf!  Yikes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back