News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: and the winner of next week's US Open will be....
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
If you really don't know who he is...this is Romo. 

He must play a really tight muni to need that much protection from stray balls.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
Keep an eye on Pensacola's Boo Weekly - the boy can play.  Long and accurate and a deadly short game.  And snuff in the lower lip.  And he's won twice now so knows how to do it.

Mike Golden

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »
Keep an eye on Pensacola's Boo Weekly - the boy can play.  Long and accurate and a deadly short game.  And snuff in the lower lip.  And he's won twice now so knows how to do it.

Ace, what's changed in Boo's game since 2005?  the talk in the Panhandle then was that he just didn't care...

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
He's won twice and now he cares!  He has as much talent as Bubba Watson and a good attitude about stress.

Mike Golden

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
He's won twice and now he cares!  He has as much talent as Bubba Watson and a good attitude about stress.

I played in front of Bubba once and he is unbelievably long, it must be something in the water to have so many good players come out of such a small area.

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
I'll take Vijay............long enough, strong enough, playing well enough, and stubborn in his desire to stay on top.

Finally getting summer winds here at Bandon..........fast, firm, drying.

Tom
the pres

RJ_Daley

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »
Whose the best bowler?  I'll take him.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »
Mr. Trevor Immelman is serving notice (as they say) this afternoon that he does not intend to be a one-hit wonder.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

RJ_Daley

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 06:57:06 PM »
The only notice I saw served is he can't make a pressure put...  ::) ;) ;D

Maybe Justin will keep it straight, albeit short and sneak in there...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 07:47:42 PM »
The only notice I saw served is he can't make a pressure put...  ::) ;) ;D

Maybe Justin will keep it straight, albeit short and sneak in there...
RJ, were you glued to the McDonalds Championship when Trev knocked in three in must makes on 16,17 and 18?  ::) I want to add Harrington to my list of possibles - Mickleson and Ogilvy round out my contenders.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

TEPaul

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 10:19:16 PM »
"Tom,

If you really don't know who he is...this is Romo."

Oh really? I see. He looks like he's a Dallas Cowboy football player. So what? What does that have to do exactly with his chances of breaking 80 in a US Open golf setup?

Dallas Cowboy Emmet Smith won "Dancing With the Stars". Do you think that means he can break 80 in a US Open setup too?  ;) 

We had a professional star around here one time who thought he could just walk out on the amateur circuit and beat all the amateurs around here---Mike Schmidt of the Phillies. It just didn't happen, not even close!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:22:55 PM by TEPaul »

Jason Pyle

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 11:51:18 PM »
There are a bunch of guys with a shot at this year's US Open.  Tiger and Phil will be on the first 2 pages of the leaderboard.  One of them may win though I just don't see Tiger winning after being off of competetive golf for such a long time with limited practice.  He's light years better than everyone else but these guys should be good enough to hold him off this year.

Sergio, Phil, Immelman, and Scott are probably the top group to look at. 

As for outsiders or "dark(er) horses" I look at Driving Accuracy, Total Driving, and Greens hit in regulation.  Boo Weekley, Robert Allenby, Hunter Mahan, Stewart Cink, Rod Pampling, Jim Furyk, Justin Leonard - all of these guys are way up there in those categories.  I think the later two don't have 7600 yards in them but Justin's hot right now so we'll see.

My pic is Sergio.  A bit of a "sexy" pic but he's hitting the ball well and he's had a pretty solid last 4-5 weeks.  If his putter hangs in there for him he can give it a run.  Something interesting I heard on Peter Kessler's XM radio show this morning.  Sergio is #1 on tour in 3-putt avoidance.  That is very surprising considering his highly publicized woes on the green.  So he's just not making some of those birdie putts.  If he can stay patient, play fairways and greens he'll stay out of his way and give himself a shot.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back