News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ChipRoyce

RDU Get Together?
« on: June 09, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
The family and I are firmly established in Cary NC and remember a number of folks who are moving or already living here in RDU.

Wondering if folks would be interested in either a golf outing and/or evening of food and drink at a time convenient (understand this might be better in fall without all the summer activities interfering).

If you'd like, I can set up an online survey to gauge interest.

Scott_Park

Re: RDU Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
Hi Chip,

Fellow Cary-ite here.  What part of town are you in?

Count me in on a get-together.

Scott

hhuffines

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »
Chip,

Welcome... how do you like the heat?

I am interested and can help with some arrangements if we want to play golf.

Hart

Greg Krueger

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
I am on the east side (Clayton) and would love to get together!

rjsimper

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
Durham checking in...just played 36 this weekend and probably drank 5 gallons of water each day.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
Chip,

Welcome... how do you like the heat?

I am interested and can help with some arrangements if we want to play golf.

Hart

Hart,

Chip is coming from Austin, TX, so this heat wave is a typical summer day for him.

Chip,

Welcome to the area.  I can reciprocate for our round in Texas any time and also help with arrangements for a get-together.

Ed Getka will be visiting soon looking for housing and moving here later in the year.   There are several more GCAers in the area, Ed, David M., Mike S., etc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:48:26 AM by Scott_Burroughs »

CJ Carder

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
Depending on when it is, I would be willing to drive down from Williamsburg, VA for an outing.  Have family in Greensboro, so it's a pretty easy visit.

John Moore II

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »
Greetings from Pinehurst, if a date is established I can probably be in on whatever happens, especially if anyone wanted to come down here.

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »
I get down there every three months. Is there something really good to see in RDU?
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

John Moore II

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
Ralph--If you have access to some of the private clubs, there is a bit to choose from, but as far as public courses go, there is not much. Duke, Finley, and The Neuse are the best to be found. 
--On the private side Hasentree, Wakefield Plantation, Raleigh CC, Treyburn, and Old Chatham are good places to play.

Jay Kirkpatrick

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »
on the private side, Raleigh CC is probably your best bet.  they just completed a major D. Ross renovation and no expense was spared.

ChipRoyce

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
Thanks everyone!

As Scott said, I just moved from Austin to RDU and seems like I brought the heat with me.

I settled in Cary (Preston) and just joined Prestonwood CC. Great family club (2 young kids) and main driveway to club is right across the street from my neighborhood so I definately can't complain.

If folks would like to PM me with their e-mails, I can send a mass mailing to see what folks are thinking for a Get together.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back