News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Mimran

From 1010 wins...

Powerful storms Sunday night uprooted about 100 huge trees on the yellow, blue and red golf courses at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, said George Gorman, deputy regional director for the state parks. The Black Course, site of the 2009 U.S. Open, was largely unaffected.

I can't find anymore information at the moment.  Should be a massive cleanup project.

Robert Mercer Deruntz

It was a very intense 15 minutes that did the place in--I experienced the storm about 8 miles to the West.  At today's tournament, the tree loss figure mentioned, was closer to 300.  My guess is the 100 relates to trees that were probably well within play.  The local news showed some huge trees blocking a couple of fairways on the Blue course.

SPDB

I feel awful about this misunderstanding.  There was no storm, that was just me stinking up the Black and the entire Bethpage campus on Saturday afternoon. my bad. I'll alert the news outlets of their error.

Mike_Cirba

Sean,

I understand where you're coming from.

Very similarly, reports this past Saturday from the DC area of 101 degree fahrenheit temps coupled with stifling humidity for a heat index over 110 were sadly mistaken, as they didn't factor in the affects of my blood pressure rise as I played that afternoon in a threesome, unabated and unobstructed by other golfers on a new, modern, "signature" development course in a white-hot speed of 5.45 hours.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back