News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re: Vegas-other than Shadow Creek? Not price sensitive New
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
George:

Wolf Creek plays no favorites -- even I get my butt kicked in from time to time when playing there.

Like I said -- if you don't like spicey Thai food stick to the meat and potato offerings. Simple as that ...

Is there a shaking-your-head-in-frustration smiley?

I've stated and restated my opinion many times on WC. My main criticism is not that it's too difficult, or too quirky - it is goofy to the point of not really being golf, imho. I didn't play tees over my head (we didn't just not play the back tees, we were told they were closed permanently for all but tournament golf). I didn't even miss that many fairways or greens, certainly no more than normal.

There are a few good holes.

I would not have missed anything in my golf life had I missed those few.

Enough with the stupid food analogies. You were better off when you stated openly that WC is like playing golf on Mars, something I have no desire to do.

EDIT: I don't have any problem with someone enjoying WC, nor with anyone recommending it. I just think it is worth pointing out the negatives (as I see them) and not just chalking them up to "to each his own".
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:03:25 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Peter Wagner

Re: Vegas-other than Shadow Creek?
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
Southern Highlands is worth a visit.

The course at the Wynn Resort is mostly forgettable.  Nice, picturesque but artificial par-3's, customer friendly fairways with sideboards on virtually every hole and an atrocious waterfall that makes you think you're playing at Epcot National.

I agree with Terry, I'd go back to Southern Highlands anytime and I can't wait until they blow the Wynn course up to make room for the next Wynn tower.  I can't remember one hole being anything but bland.

- Peter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back