News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Swanson

Re: Wild Horse and Sand Hills (pics)
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »
Sean,
   So the strategic fairway bunkering on the next hole should be omitted because it frames the green of the previous hole from certain angles?  I guess we'll agree to disagree about this one.

Cheers,
Brad
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:13:24 AM by Brad Swanson »

Ted Kramer

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »
I'd like to ask for a favor . . .
Would anyone in the know be kind enough to IM me some info about Wild Horse as a destination for a long weekend of golf. Info regarding lodging would be helpful, best ways to get there, etc. Any info would be much appreicated as I think the "sand hills" region is next on my must play areas for golf list.

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 07:31:45 AM »
Sean,
   So the strategic fairway bunkering on the next hole should be omitted because it frames the green of the previous hole from certain angles?  I guess we'll agree to disagree about this one.

Cheers,
Brad

Brad

If you reread my post I think you will find it wasn't nearly so black n' white as you present it. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Adam Clayman

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
Sean, dr.Mac's integrated scheme @ The Valley Club  would appear to be the exception to your apparent rule?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 08:46:44 AM »
The subtle strategic feature of the 14th at WH is that little ridge directly in front of the green -- almost too small to see from the photo, but big enough to pose a problem on your approach. When I was there, the hole played directly into the wind, and a knockdown shot had to contend with that ridge (the front pin was tucked directly behind it.) Another one of the fun, memorable touches on a great golf course.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back