News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Chapman

Re: Pictures, what do you newbies want to see?
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »
Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing.  If you had them, I would also enjoy seeing photos of Winged Foot (East and West), Country Club of North Carolina, Kinloch, and Ridgewood Country Club.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 08:05:57 PM by Dan Chapman »

Doug Ralston

Re:Pictures, what do you newbies want to see?
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »
I'm not a newbie but I'd like to see your favorite pictures. You've looked them all over and I'd love to see the ones that stand out to you.

Okay, Sam, your request gets met first.  Here is a "best of" of sorts, many of these have come from GCA members.

Some of you ought to acquire some new desktop backgrounds here.....

Why are all these pix showing as 'X' to me rather than an image? How to correct?

Doug

John Sheehan

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2008, 08:50:43 PM »
I am having the same problem: picture doesn't display, just an "X" in its spot. And I do want to see them...

Tim Bert

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2008, 09:13:40 PM »
I think the X's are there because Michael has moved the photos from the locations where his links point.

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »
Since this thread is alive again, I am in need of a link to a yardage book, or a link to something that is similar for Sand Hills. I wish that I was playing there, but I am not. A friend of mine is however, and knew that I was a GCA nut, so he asked if I could find one.

There are some incredible photos I found through this thread though, and researching his question has paid off for me in spades. http://golfarchitecturepictures.com is fantastic.

Thanks Michael!

Doug Ralston

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
I think the X's are there because Michael has moved the photos from the locations where his links point.

So? No way to correct so I can see them/save them?

Doug

Tim Bert

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »
Not likely unless the pictures are returned to the same file location or unless Michael re-directs the posted links to where the photos are actually stored. 

Jon Nolan

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »
I'd love to see photos of lesser known Irish links courses.  Any discussion/opinion of the architects and quality of the courses would be a bonus and most welcome.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about the images.  I don't feel comfortable leaving them up forever......

However, I would be happy to accomodate you as best I can, so I will put up a new round sometime in the next couple hours/days. 
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »
Michael,

Could I trouble you to post the approach to the split green 8th (or is it the 9th?) at Pine Valley.

Thank you in advance.
Wyatt

Doug Ralston

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about the images.  I don't feel comfortable leaving them up forever......

However, I would be happy to accomodate you as best I can, so I will put up a new round sometime in the next couple hours/days. 

Bump!

Hoping still to see them, Mr Dugger.

Matt Varney

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »
Michael,

Could you send me an e-mail with these pics posted in your thread that you really like showing the great contours, tee views, green complexes and the bunkering that is really special?  My gmail account lets me receive huge files so send them to mdvarney@gmail.com

Thanks,
Matt

Doug Ralston

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2008, 01:09:39 PM »
Bump

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
Since this thread is alive again, I am in need of a link to a yardage book, or a link to something that is similar for Sand Hills. I wish that I was playing there, but I am not. A friend of mine is however, and knew that I was a GCA nut, so he asked if I could find one.

There are some incredible photos I found through this thread though, and researching his question has paid off for me in spades. http://golfarchitecturepictures.com is fantastic.

Thanks Michael!

Mike -- Your friend should know that you CANNOT play Sand Hills with a yardage book. It sacreligious.

james soper

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
1   myopia hunt club
2   pepper pike
3   gator creek
4   hole in the wall club
5   country club of charleston
6   lakeside golf club
7   mountain ridge
8   bob o link
9   honors course
10 maidstone club
11 old elm
12 black sheep
13 gulf stream
14 redstick golf club
15 deepdale club
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:46:23 PM by james soper »

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
That's just it Tony, we don't know that much about it - and I'm looking for a definitive resource about what to expect when you actually play there. Again, I'm not the one going, but I certainly hope to play there some day. A guy can dream, no?  Can you recommend any specific threads in the archives that I can review?

thanks for the reply,

Mike (1st Bandon trip - T-minus four days and counting)

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
KBM's Hawk Pointe in NJ I would be very interested in seeing.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Doug Ralston

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
I just want him to reiterate his 'best of'. I hate all those red 'x's'. And I need some fresh desktop backgrounds. Please do not cling greedily to those great shots. I want to cling greedily to them!

Doug

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back