News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Golf's Green (& brownish) monster?
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
What do you think? It has potential.......

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

John Moore II

Re: Golf's Green (& brownish) monster?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »
I don't get it.... ???
What are you proposing to be done exactly??

David Stamm

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
I don't get it.... ???

JKM, I'm being sarcastic. Have you ever seen a green site with so much going on behind it? And when I saw the Target sign, I couldn't help but think about the Citgo sign behind the Green Monster at Fenway, besides the obvious "Hit it Here" connotation of the sign itself.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

BCrosby

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
I hoped you were proposing to build a golf course in Kendall Square when Fenway is finally relocated. I'd be all for it. I can think of no greater golfing pleasure than to stand on a tee and use the CITGO sign as my aiming point.

Your picture brings back thoughts of Jim Ed Rice, Freddie Lynn, C. Fisk and the magisterial El Tiante.  I spent the better part of two summers in seats that were once just below the tv camera hut in straight away center field. Many, many memories. Do they still sell that rotgut Schaefer beer at Fenway?

Bob 

John Moore II

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »
I don't get it.... ???

JKM, I'm being sarcastic. Have you ever seen a green site with so much going on behind it? And when I saw the Target sign, I couldn't help but think about the Citgo sign behind the Green Monster at Fenway, besides the obvious "Hit it Here" connotation of the sign itself.

Very well then. I was thinking perhaps you were thinking they should trim down all the trees and sod that area, maybe install some scoreboards and a giant TV so golfers can see the sports scores as they come by. Sound idea I think ;D

Tim Bert

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:51:31 PM »
Boy is that ever noisy.  The Target sign is a nice touch.

When I saw the name of the thread, I was hoping I was about to see a cool blind shot to a green hidden over or behind a giant green monster type wall. 

Any photo nominations for that?  Maybe the Alps hole at NGLA that was posted on Shivas's thread.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »
Did you sign Ron Fream to install some triple-tiers in left field so Manny could be even worse a defensive player?

The green area might also be the location of the stupid lost city in the new ultra-crappy Indiana Jones movie.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Doug Siebert

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »
I think its pretty hilarious that the Target sign lines up with the center of that green.  Too bad the approach shot isn't blind, that could have been the US version of the UK's candy striped aiming poles ;D
My hovercraft is full of eels.

mike_beene

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »
Planting a few trees would be a good thing here. How's that for thinking outside the box?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back