News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Wagner

Torrey Pines setup pictures
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
I stumbled across this website with photos taken about 2 weeks ago of the setup at Torrey Pines and thought you might find it interesting.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563361383FBFsYi?start=0

I believe the photographers name is Eddie Meeks.

- Peter

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:06:11 PM by Peter Wagner »

RJ_Daley

Re: Torrey Pines setup pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:13:53 PM »
Thanks for the link Peter.  I don't have time to look through all 324 pics at this time.  But a couple things did strike me in the first 25 or so... 1. it is a pity how much the cart paths detract from the golf course.  I know that a muni with so many rounds that tends to be soft most of the time needs cart paths (or go to a walking only and light personal carts for those that have physical issues...) But, the paths seem even more detracting than even the two times I played there several years ago.  2.  I see the photographer is Eddie Meeks.  Is he related or son of Tom Meeks.  Frankly, from the photos I saw, if he is trying to show the course set up, he seems obscessed with things like 7 photos of the flag on 3, and corporate village, etc.  He really didn't photograph the turf conditions and mowing scheme too well in the first several photos... I'll have to look at more when I get time...

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Peter Wagner

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »
Hi RJ,

Yep, there's a lot of pics there.  I went through most of them and you're right , it would have been better if Mr. Meeks would have edited the duplicates.  I wondered the same thing when I saw his last name and thought that judging by the pics he has full access during setup.  Speculation.

- Peter

Peter Wagner

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »
Here's some wide angle camera work by Eddie.

This is number 3 at Torrey and this looks very U.S. Open-ish to me. 

But then Eddie shows us this one of the 18th which to my eye is not very U.S. Open-ish at all.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back