News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Wagner

Decisions on the Rules of Emoticons (USEA version)
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:24:56 PM »
Well I think we have enough to create the US version of the Decisions on the Rules of Emoticons.

Rules:

1.0  All players are permitted one emoticon per post.  The only exceptions are Head/ball interaction (please see rule 1.1) and banking (please see Rule 2.0 .
    1.1  Head/ball interaction frees all players from the one emoticon restriction.  Example:  Player A is hiding behind a tree when Player B pull hooks a tee shot, skillfully avoiding said tree, and bonking Player A on the head.  All players are then free to send multiple get well posts to Player A that may include ANY number of emoticons.
    2.0  Banking.  Any player may save their one emoticon per post to be used in a later post.  There is no restriction on the number of emoticons banked.
    3.0  Banana emoticons.  At no time will a banana character be connected in any way with any emoticon.  This Rule applies to both dancing and non-dancing bananas.
    4.0  Exclamation points.  Use of the exclamation point as a emoticon meaning cheater line is in fact a violation of the Decisions on the Rules of Emoticons.
    5.0  Merion.  At no time will the name "Merion" be used in any way in connection with any emoticon.

FAQ

Q: Who is the USEA?
A: I'm glad you asked.  The United States Emoticon Association (USEA) has served as the national governing body of emoticons for the U.S., its territories and Mexico since its formation in 1894. It's a non-profit organization run by emoters for the benefit of emoters. The Association sponsors a variety of programs that benefit everyone who writes a post, from conducting 1 national championship each year, to writing and interpreting the Rules of Emoticons, to funding emoticon development and emoticon maintenance practices, to supporting grassroots programs through its “Smile and the Whole World smiles with you” initiative.

Pretty sure I captured everything from the earlier rules focus group discussion.  Did I miss anything?

- Peter

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:57:13 PM by Peter Wagner »

PThomas

Re: Decisions on the Rules of Emoticons (USEA version)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »
good stuff Peter  ;D
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
What's a banana emoticon?

Peter Wagner

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »

Jay,
Here ya go... complete with author credit.

For those of you out of the loop, here is a link to the dancing banana:  http://www.msnheaven.com/Emoticons/Dancing_Bananas/Dancing%20Banana-1.html  Don't miss the seven pages of bananas.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
Nice job, Peter.

Of course I'm biased, but I'm particularly partial to Decision 1.1.

Or is that Rule 1.1?

These things can get so confusing, so quickly.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:33:23 PM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
I'm in the process of writing Decisions on the Rules of Emoticons and should have something ready by 2014.

Anthony

Mike Mosely

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »

Jay,
Here ya go... complete with author credit.

For those of you out of the loop, here is a link to the dancing banana:  http://www.msnheaven.com/Emoticons/Dancing_Bananas/Dancing%20Banana-1.html  Don't miss the seven pages of bananas.

OMG, LOL.  Too hectic.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »
You mean these?  They are awesome....

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:37:02 PM by Kalen Braley »

John Burzynski

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »
How do I go about figuring my USEA handicap?   Does each post have its own emoticon slope and rating?  Does a rookie poster like me receive permission to use more emoticons on certain posts?

Jason McNamara

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »
...and how does it translate when over in GB&I?

Jay Flemma

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »
OMG those dancing bananas are way over the top...:)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back