News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

CordeValle
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »
What's the scoop on this course? 

A buddy of mine (and a lurker here on GCA.com) is coming out in August for a little golf tour, and this has been "offered up" to us if we'd like (although I think it's public or at least semi-private).  We're playing Olympic (Lake), Pasatiempo, and MPCC... should we consider making the drive from SF to San Martin? 

Tom Huckaby

Re: CordeValle
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
Wayne:

Do you have other possiblities for the day that otherwise would be spent at Cordevalle?

Considering you are going to MPCC, well... you are already making the drive.

In any case Cordevalle, like everything else, has been discussed many times in here.  Search pros will likely find you some threads shortly.  My take is it's a pretty darn good course - if someone else is paying.  It's not worth the app. $300 they tend to charge.

It will be #4 in the list of courses you are playing, in any case.  But not many other courses would crack that top 3.

TH

rchesnut

Re: CordeValle
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
I agree with Tom.  You're playing 3 terrific courses, Cordevalle would be fourth, though I like it and think that it's worth playing...it's a strong RTJ Jr. course in a nice but somewhat arid setting.  The facilities are very, very nice, it's a cross between a private member course and luxury resort....nice clubhouse, pool, sauna, great food. 

If you're playing Pasatiempo and MPCC, you're already making the drive south to the general area, with Cordevalle being about a 50 minute drive south and east across the mountains from Pasatiempo, and about the same distance north and east from MPCC.

Though Cordevalle is good, there are a few other options in the area that are definitely a step up.  If you're playing Olympic, you're not too far from San Francisco Golf Club, which would be great if you could get on.  And from MPCC, you're quite close to Spyglass Hill, which is public though very pricey.  Speaking of pricey, you can sometimes get on Pebble by calling really early in the morning the same day, it's also right next to MPCC.   I also personally prefer nearby Spanish Bay and its ocean views to Cordevalle, but a lot of folks would disagree with me on that one. 

You've got a terrific trip planned, you'll enjoy yourself with any of these options.

Rob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back