News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

A refreshing quote
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:38:04 AM »
I was reading an interview in USA Today with Anthony Kim and he was asked what course he would play if he could only play one course for the rest of his life and here is his response:

" I'd play at Woodley Lakes Municipal Golf Course in Van Nuys, California. The golf course might not be the best in the world, but the people there are.  I have lifelong friends there because of that golf course.  I have so many friends there that helped me out."

Isn't that what the game is really about - the friends you make playing it and the wonderful time you have just enjoying their company.  You don't need the best course in the world just the best people to play with in order to really enjoy the game.

JESII

Re: A refreshing quote
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:52:45 AM »
Absolutely!

Craig Sweet

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »
Oh my god!!!  An un rated course? A course not designed by a famous dead guy????   How are he!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:37:49 AM »
Craig: I know, imagine that he didn't pick Riviera.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »
I thought he was going to be a big factor on the PGA tour after seeing him play in the Walker Cup at Chicago Golf Club.  Boy is he long!  :o  He always seems pretty intense but I like that quote about his little home course.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »
Jerry:

I agree with that 100%.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back