News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Chambers Bay v Pac Dunes ?
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
Be curious to know the feelings of those who have played both. I have played Pac Dunes a few times and really enjoy it.

If one had ten rounds to play how would you divide the number between them and why ?

T h a n k s  . . .

Richard Choi

Re: Chambers Bay v Pac Dunes ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
I believe if you search for original Chambers Bay threads, you will see a lot of posts comparing Chambers Bay to Pacific Dunes. You probably should start there.

I personally think CB is very close to PD (quality of par 4's and par 5's are equivalent but PD has much better set of par 3's), and if you enjoyed playing PD, you will certainly enjoy playing CB.

If I had 10 rounds, I would play PD 6 and CB 4.

Cory Brown

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:22:35 PM »
Chambers Bay is good, Pac Dunes is great.  10-0 PD unless you just want to play a course that is hosting the US Open.

Brian Noser

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:26:25 AM »
I think it depends on what you are looking for. CB for me was Harder to play than PD. I only played CB once but I really enjoyed it, played PD 4 times and also really enjoyed it(shocker huh). For me I say given the chance I split it down the middle 5 and 5, Maybe with a slight edge to PD cause if I play 36 there I can go to BD or PT and play for free..  ;D

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
7 to 3 Pac Dunes for me. I think Chambers Bay is Bandon Trails or slightly better but Pac Dunes is in that upper part of the universe where there are very few members. That said I am going back to play Chambers Bay again this summer and will skip Bandon this summer.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
7 to 3 Pac Dunes for me. I think Chambers Bay is Bandon Trails or slightly better but Pac Dunes is in that upper part of the universe where there are very few members. That said I am going back to play Chambers Bay again this summer and will skip Bandon this summer.

Rater Cup presented by Kemper Sports!

2008 Golfweek Rater Cup - Chambers Bay   

Date
Sunday, July 20, 2008
to
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
6320 Grandview Dr W
University Place, WA 98467
Registration
Rater  (More Detail)
         Rater  ($600.00)      No Online Registration
Tournament Information
Rules and Regulations

Description
 Tournament Contact
 Diane Muratore
 (877) 805-4653
 Email Contact

Ryder Cup - style event open to select Golfweek Raters by invitation only.

Two 12-person teams will compete in a mix of best ball, alternate shot and individual match play.

Teams will be predetermined and captained by Brad Klein (Golfweek) & Josh Lesnik (Kemper Sports)

Limited to the first 24.
View all Tournament Listings

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back