News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Final article on Garden City
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »
...is up.  It'll be on cybergolf too. 

http://jayflemma.thegolfspace.com/?p=897

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Final article on Garden City
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
Now Kelley belongs to the ages, and no matter how many years may pass, his name will be spoken with the same reverence as George Burns III, George Zehringer, David Egan, Walter Travis, and all the rest.

Zahringer

Eger
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:52:16 PM »
Jay,

Thanks for the great write-up...It's like attending without even being there!!!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »
Thank you to both of you.  Kevin, I'm glad you pointed that out.  I'll make corrections when I get a chance.

JK, thank you for reaching out and for not only liking the piece, but for having the grace to tell me so publicly.  It was the nicest thing anybody did for me all day.

By the way, congratulations also to the other finalist Joe Saladino who got engaged the night before the final.

"Noble and sportsmanlike in defeat, Saladino also celebrated a great victory. On the eve of the final day, his marriage proposal was accepted by an ecstatic Sarah Gorman. “I went into last night hoping for a win, a win, and a yes. I may not have won, but Sarah gave me the greatest victory of my life” he said touchingly. “To be in the finals and give everyone a thrill and then to ride the emotion of Sarah saying yes was enough for me.”"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:34:05 PM by Jay Flemma »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
I waited and read all the installments at once.  It read as a real classic, as if the account were from another time in golf history.  While some of the metaphors and analogies had current or pop cultural references, the prose seemed of the golden era.  I really felt like I was experiencing that wonderful golf club's aura.  So, well done young Adso, all those melted candles during the long nights in the scriptorium have paid off.   ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »
Thank you brother william, and I didn't even have to make my way down to the kitchen for some leftover cheese in batter in the middle of the night...although the nice fresh straw remigio left in my pallette was quite comfortable for when I finished.  I will say, my late nights working past compline made it tough to get up for matins!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back