News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Wagner

Re: Count down to Torrey
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »
Will Tiger put the 5 wood in the bad and drop the 2 iron?  Has any par four ever played as long as the 12th if the wind blows at all?

1.) Yes
2.) No

Peter Wagner

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »
I predict that no matter what happens you will consider it the greatest open in modern times.

I'm seeing Woods blowing out his knee and doing a Hogan like limp into victory.  While the 18th may be ugly it does produce some fine theater.

Where is the bar currently set for greatest US Open in modern times? 

JK,
Pretty good call from a month ago.  I'm looking forward to seeing the TV ratings for this weekend.  How many people will be brought into the game because of this year's dramatic and excellent US Open? 

Sean,
Still not watching? 

- Peter

John Moore II

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
About Torrey the golf course--I am watching the Sports Reporters, great description of Torrey-"an average course on a great piece of property."
-Very spot on description

TEPaul

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »
John Kavanaugh:

I don't know Torrey Pines firsthand but after three days of the Open there I'm way more on your side of things about the place now. Personally, however, I think a whole lot of the excitement at the tourney needs to be credited to USGA Competition's director Mike Davis.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »

For me to be correct it will clearly be the greatest US Open of modern times...More than one grown man will cry.  Tiger blowing away the field would be a snooze fest.

I can feel the tears coming.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
IMO chances are good Tiger strikes out at Torrey.  He hasn't played competitive golf for a month now, and won't for some time still.  His knee is so bad, he is limping on it, and can't hit shots yet.  Only putting and chipping. 

Another 2006 performance from him will not surprise me. 

Glad I was wrong about this. 

If -- that big word -- Tiger had been healthy, I think he would have crushed the field, and this Open would have held as much drama as his other blow-out wins. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back