News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Re: Bunkers that serve more than one hole, do they provide
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »
What about the courses that share greens? - I would think that is more dangerous but people still do it.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 09:54:11 PM »
Chris Kane...I think that we might suppose that Tom insinuates that liability includes concern for well-being of all.  It's not that far a reach.

Paul Jones...How poorly do they build these double greens?  You'll notice that the flags never cross over, so that the left portion of the double green plays for one hole one day and the other, the next.

At the Country Club of Buffalo (Donald Ross, 1920s), there are fairway bunkers (sort of) left of the 4th hole that also play as greenside bunkers on hole 5.  Not anyone's cup of tee.  Why would you want to invite calamity by purposefully bringing a hazard into play for separate and simultaneous parties?  It may be camp, but it's not responsible.

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Gerry B

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »
danger factor is in direct relationship to the type of course - ie public or private

1 at oakmont is a classic example - ob on the right - 9th fairway on the left which gives one a chance to get close to the green - believe me - the locals and alert caddies know the drill - ditto for errant shots on 3,4,5,9,10,11,

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »

What about the courses that share greens? - I would think that is more dangerous but people still do it.

Paul,

That's an excellent point.

It goes back to my question to Tom Doak, which he never answered, regarding acceptible angles of deviation/deflection and the reduction or elimination of liability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back