News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Mimran

Pound Ridge - Fee Structure
« on: May 24, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »
It has been talked about a little on this site. 

Pound Ridge Golf Club, the new "Public" Pete Dye course in Westchester County, NY released their fee structure recently.  It's going to be the same price every day of the week.  Has anyone seen this before?  Seems a little odd.  I can't see this lasting...

Rates for 2008:

* Weekday and weekend green fees are $235 per person.  This fee includes a golf cart or pull cart and complimentary use of the driving range & other practice facilities.
    * Twilight rates are $175 per person. Golfers will not be given refunds or rainchecks for holes not completed.
    * Twilight rates apply from 4:00 pm until August 31st, and from 3:00 pm thereafter.
    * We do not offer any types of memberships, special packages, or 9 hole rates.

Mike Sweeney

Re: Pound Ridge - Fee Structure
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »
I drove by the course last weekend. I will continue to do so in the future!

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
I don't think I would ante up for that kind of place if I hit the Powerball!  Sounds a little to high and mighty for my taste.  JOM'sO!
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
I don't know how good or bad this course will be, but Pete Dye told me on more than one occasion that the construction has been "a nightmare" owing to tons of imbedded rock on the property, years of red tape in getting the proper permitting, and myriad other logistical nightmares.  So it seems obvious the pricey fee structure is related to the many years its taken for this course to inch towards completion.

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »
Some photos:

Front 9

Hole 1

Hole 4

Hole 5

Hole 6

Hole 7

Hole 8

Hole 9

Matt_Ward

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
I'll be there when they do the grand opening in late June but have to say on first take from just the photos displayed that the land looks like it has been overly shaped to produce the results intended.

Again, I will say without hesitation that my review from photos alone is nothing more than the most generalized of impressions.

One of the more unique aspects of the top tier Westchester layouts that are located on hilly terrain is how naturally they work with the topography. Be curious to see Pound Ridge in the flesh and see if that holds there.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
The maintenance budget necessary to take care of what I am seeing can explain the reason for the high fees - that being said, I wonder how many rounds they will be getting per day, especially during the week.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back