News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jonathan_becker

Re: Wolf Point Pics
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
I forgot to thank you guys for the updated pics!  These are great.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've seen a picture of the 13th hole.  It's the one of the two holes (along with 4) that I played incorrectly and got away with it.  I'm wondering how much of an advantage it is to get a drive down the right hand side of 13.  That green has so much tilt from front left to back right that I had to hit a sweeping hook from just in front of the left fairway bunker to get it to just off the back right of the green.  

The genius of Wolf Point and how it works so well for it's audience is that it can play so differently from day to day just by changing the hole location and the different tee locations scattered around create so many fun angles, it's not hard for me to see how a really good player wouldn't love it.  You have to be able to play so many shots.  Yet, there's such a fun factor that you're not going to get beat up losing balls.  

But what I'm going to guess that tends to get missed by a one time visit, is stuff like that roll at the front of the 12th green.  It's such a cool, subtle feature (and fortuantely Don had cut the hole was cut just on the other side of it) and there's a lot of that around Wolf Point.  
Adam, here you go. The 13th doen't have the 'beauty' to get much attention, but it has plenty of golf interest. Hole usually plays straight down wind and the orange line is about 480 yds.  Pin cut on right side of green in these photos. When it is cut left, it takes a perfect shot to get with in 30 ft when coming in from the left. Lynn Shakleford hit it to about 12 feet from the left side of the fwy, so it is possible.
BTW, its winter, isn't it time for you to make another visit?

13th hole. Green slopes hard left to right. Approach from the right can hold the green, but better to have a little R-L spin on the ball then L-R.

from rt side after good drive

Lf side after good, but slightly pulled drive

Green from the front right

Grn from back right

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:51:02 AM by Don_Mahaffey »

Adam_Messix

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
Don--

Thank you very much for putting up the pictures of 13, arguably the best hole from a pure golf standpoint at Wolf Point and it shows how Mike used subtle strategy so well.  If memory serves, we played from the tee directly behind the 12th green, so I'm guessing it's around 500 yards from there.  It was straight down wind for us, it's the only way I could get there with an iron.  I just like the idea of having to work the ball into hole locations and having to hit shots.  There's a lot of that at Wolf Point.  It's hard to catch in an initial visit, but that course has so many subtle vagaries that can keep someone coming back for more, which in this case is what the owner was looking for.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
More new and old friends!

7th Green

Ben & Wyatt

Carl

Local Municipality Clients

Kyle also on 9

Me, Kyle & Don

I wish Ron posted in the treehouse
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:11:22 AM by Mike Nuzzo »
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
Does the course not show up on Google maps??

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Michael Blake

« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
Does the course not show up on Google maps??

Mark

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:50:51 PM by Michael Blake »

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2013, 04:48:20 PM »
Mark

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
Thanks Mike!  Its incredible how simple and uncluttered it looks from above.  Then you see the movement in ground level the pictures and its astonishing!!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back