News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Anybody Fancy a game at UofM tomorrow?
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:46:01 AM »
We are playing at 10:30.  If anybody is interested in the last spot give me  a shout. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

JC Jones

Re: Anybody Fancy a game at UofM tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
What I wouldnt GIVE for this to be on Wednesday on not tomorrow.  A course I've been wanting to play for quite some time.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jim Thompson

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
This round will have a very high entertainment level!
Jim Thompson

wsmorrison

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »
Sean,

Check your email.  See you soon.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
I'm guessing you're talking about Michigan, despite the fact that there are about 13 U of M's in the U.S. (regardless of the presence of golf course).

Let's see:

Michigan
Maryland
Minnesota
Miami
Mississippi
Massachusetts
Missouri
Memphis
Maine
Montana
Mary (ND)
Mobile
Montevallo (AL)

and that doesn't count multi-campus state systems.....   ;)

(I know you're originally from Meechigan)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:54:11 AM by Scott_Burroughs »

JC Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
Sean,

Check your email.  See you soon.

You're making a trip to the Mitten?  Unreal.  Now I'm really upset its not on wednesday.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
I'm guessing you're talking about Michigan, despite the fact that there are about 13 U of M's in the U.S. (regardless of the presence of golf course).

Let's see:

Michigan
Maryland
Minnesota
Miami
Mississippi
Massachusetts
Missouri
Memphis
Maine
Montana
Mary (ND)
Mobile
Montevallo (AL)

I love to play the course at U of M.

A. L. Gustin in Columbia, Mo., on the campus of the University of Missouri, is a hidden gem.  Most mistakenly interpret this course's quirks as bad architecture.  Fortunately for me, I have been able to discern the hidden greatness of this course.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »

Let's see:

Michigan
Maryland
Minnesota
Miami
Mississippi
Massachusetts
Missouri
Memphis
Maine
Montana
Mary (ND)
Mobile
Montevallo (AL)

Scott

You listed a load of pretenders.  There is only one U of M.

JC

I shan't be in town long.  Its a short and sweet trip.  I am off to see the Tigers tonight.  Hopefully they sell decent dogs at Comerica.

Ciao
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:56:13 PM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »

Scott

JC

I shan't be in town long.  Its a short and sweet trip.  I am off to see the Tigers tonight.  Hopefully they sell decent dogs at Comerica.

Ciao

You are correct.  There is only one U of M.

"MU is one of only six public universities that houses a law school, medical school, and a veterinary medicine school all on the same campus. In Missouri, MU is the designated land-grant university (along with Lincoln University), the largest public research institution, and the only university that is both a member of the Association of American Universities and designated as a "Doctoral/Research Extensive" university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Only 34 universities in the nation have both such designations. The University of Missouri Research Reactor Center is located in the MU Research Park and is the largest university research reactor in the U.S."

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

JC Jones

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »

Scott

JC

Ciao

You are correct.  There is only one U of M.

"MU is one of only six public universities that houses a law school, medical school, and a veterinary medicine school all on the same campus. In Missouri, MU is the designated land-grant university (along with Lincoln University), the largest public research institution, and the only university that is both a member of the Association of American Universities and designated as a "Doctoral/Research Extensive" university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Only 34 universities in the nation have both such designations. The University of Missouri Research Reactor Center is located in the MU Research Park and is the largest university research reactor in the U.S."

FYI, Michigan State is one of those 6!!

JC Jones

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

Let's see:

Michigan
Maryland
Minnesota
Miami
Mississippi
Massachusetts
Missouri
Memphis
Maine
Montana
Mary (ND)
Mobile
Montevallo (AL)

Scott

JC

Ciao

I am most disappointed we wont have the opprotunity to play. 

Regarding Comerica, the dogs are decent (I recommend the Hebrew Nationals over the Ball Parks), however, the told the guy who used to sing opera while he sold dogs that he couldnt sing anymore, so he quit.  Nothing was better than listening to Ernie do a game and hearing the hot dog opera singer in the background.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back