News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

The World's Oceans...Rank em for golf.
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »
A world question.  Which coastline is more condusive to golf and why?  A link for reference: http://www.gdrc.org/oceans/world-oceans.html

Mark Bourgeois

Re: The World's Oceans...Rank em for golf.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
1-2 pretty obvious if we get the marginal seas. Do we?

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:22:28 AM »
Being a Futurist, I'm going for the Southern Ocean, particularly if you include Australia, as one should.  Global Warming is going to kick butt over the next 100,000 years!

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
John,

If I rank them, I'll probaly be accused of bias.

Besides, I wouldn't want them to start changing in an ultimately futile effort to sway the panel. 

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »
John,

Scotland, Ireland and the rest of the UK on ones side and Long Island on the other...

I wonder which ocean that might be?

BVince

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
The Pacific is pretty sweet with the Pebble Complex, CPC, MPCC, PG, Bandon Complex, Chambers Bay (In the Sound) off the Pacific. 
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

David Stamm

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »
I know I'm biased, but pics are worth a thousand words....

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »
What about the relationship Australia has with what oceans?  Could someone explain how many bodies of water are contiguous and which one provides the best setting for golf.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »
The courses on Barwon Heads have a flirtatious relationship with the Tasman Sea that is often leering but punctuated by bouts of genuine frothiness, Barnbougle is married to Bass Strait through troubled times and still, while Mornington Peninsula has a formal marriage to the Strait but as they almost never see each other perhaps no surprise that she sometimes takes up with Port Philip Bay when he whispers sweet nothings from the West.

Oh and Fremantle wouldn't let her baby  daughter Golf anywhere near the Indian after his first-born daughter Sailor took up with the Indian's personal Doctor only to discover the Doctor was a lecher who never bothered to show up before 3 o'clock in the afternoon and even then not always.

Don't get Queen Adelaide started on the Bight, who is all wet but gives nothing save for old men sitting in a dry season praying for rain.

What was the question again?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back