News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

What course am I?
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
The spacing of the tee boxes on the par-3s provides the opportunity for different angles of play to the green ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Kalen Braley

Re: What course am I?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »
Is this the new JN re-design up on Northern Idaho? Can't recall the name off the top of my head.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 12:15:59 PM »
Something tells me Fazio. Maybe Oregon?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Lance Rieber

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:18:04 PM »
I think it's Running Y in Klamath Falls OR.  Never played it but have old teammates who are from there.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Lance, How you did that w/o playing it is amazing. I think you are right. When I was there they were working on the hole to the left in pic.
BTW, these two holes are nothing like the remainders.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mike Benham

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:26:37 PM »
Lance is correct ...

Adam , Y aren't those holes like the others ...?  (I never seen the course)

Adam Clayman

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
As I recall the water and rocks would be the biggest differences.
 Originally these holes would've been the start of a pretty good climax, until they reversed the routing. Now, they are on the front nine, with the most dramatic hole on the course being #9.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »

Pretty incredible to build all those tees to an indifferent par 3 green complex.
Why make a bunch of average holes?

Nice to see a reward for hitting away from the water on the par 4....  ::)

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Mike Benham

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »
I'm not sure of the length of the par 4 but might it be a case where the layup short of the bunker leaves a longer approach while the daring tee shot the skirts the bunker and water, leaves a simple pitch to the green, a risk/reward non-driveable par 4?

Art Roselle

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
I would love to know how often anyone hits it into that little round bunker, long right of the par three.  Right shots are usually short anyway and that thing is out there in the rocks all by itself.  Maybe an occasional lefty shows up and when the pin is back right, yanks one long and right.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 01:09:11 AM »
Adam,
    I don't think they ever reversed the nines. That nine starts t the clubhouse and ends with a long straight uphill par 5 and a severe drop shot par 4. There is a longish drive to reach #10, 17 is a split fairway par 5 and a good long finishing par 4.
The first four holes are framed by marsh on the left and hill on the right and ends with Klamath Lake in the background. Most of the rest of the course is set in small valleys through the hills.
    I have always considered it overrated, that it gets extra points for being at the end of a long drive and the only culture within 100 miles.
   I have been in about half those bunkers.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
Peter, I played it in reverse order, the courses climax was palpable finishing on the current ninth. So, I went in and ask some ol'timer. He initially said no that they had not reversed the nines. Then he quickly remembered that they had, very early on in the courses existence.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back