News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

In the current golf market, how big is this market?
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
Buying it and fixin it up:

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/harris_golf_acquires_rossdesigned_penobscot_valley_cc

Harris Golf, the Maine-based course developer, contractor and operator, has completed their purchase of Penobscot Valley Country Club in Orono, Me. With its acquisition of the course, the company plans to reverse membership losses, correct the club's finances and restore a Donald Ross routing that has sat virtually untouched since the famous Scot finished his work here in 1923.

Problem used to be that owners used to look at the land to flip to a developer for houses if the golf went upside down. Now with the housing market........

If the snow ever melts up there, pehaps Mr Moore will investigate for us.

Michael Moore

Re: In the current golf market, how big is this market?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
In the current thread market, how good is this thread?

By invoking a course in Orono, Maine, I would say, "not very good".  :P
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
Michael

Are you saying we shouldn't ask Mike Sweeney about golf in Maine?

Mark

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
If you are speaking of the market to purchase courses that have closed and renovate them and restore them to a past glory, I would say the market is large, especially for an old Ross course. It would most likely reduce the cost of purchase and initial expense. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back