News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Heiser

Rules issue
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
This weekend we have our annual 2 day Ryder cup event featuring 40 of our lowest handicap players.   Very competitive, and some tension arose today when during alternate shot, team 1 tee'd off on a par 3 and played out the whole with a 4, then realized on the next tee that they had played the hole out of order, that the wrong person tee'd off.   We searched through all the rules of golf, online, etc. and could not find anything pertaining to alternate shot and this issue.    Anyone?

Chris Cupit

Re: Rules issue
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »
Off the top of my head Rule 29 I think.  If the format was stroke play ( I think 29-3) and the error was not corrected prior to that group teeing off the next hole they are DQ'ed.  In match play they lost the hole as soon as they teed off in the incorrect order.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
Correct, Foursomes (aka alternate shot) are covered in Rule 29. Match play is 29-2, loss of hole. Stroke play is under 29-3. Two stroke penalty, must correct error before teeing off the next hole or leaving the final green. If not corrected, disqualification.

David Heiser

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »
The format was stroke play.  The group realized their error on the next tee before teeing off and went back and replayed the hole, this time getting a 3 instead of a 4.  2 stoke penalty off the second score right? 

Chris Cupit

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »
The format was stroke play.  The group realized their error on the next tee before teeing off and went back and replayed the hole, this time getting a 3 instead of a 4.  2 stoke penalty off the second score right? 

Yes.  Their score for the hole was 5.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back