News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Mowers not set up correctly.
« on: April 13, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
It seems as if the fairway mower units are not set up correctly at Augusta. Any Supers agree?
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Joe Hancock

Re: Mowers not set up correctly.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »
Nothing strikes me as out of order...what are you seeing?

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »
you could see the reels are at different heights on #11 looking toward the green.  they use so many mowers to mow the fairways, it was just probably one mower though.

JohnH

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »
I saw it too, but feel it is impossible to know for sure going by the TV coverage.  The weather conditions being windy and dry, can magnify certain things like that.  Too hard to tell, but certainly possible.

Mike_Young

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »
Must be TV....I would bet a lot of $$$ that all mowers were set up same......once they mow in the morning there is an asst right there to make sure everything is same....if not they do it again.....BUT you  never know stranger things have happened.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jeff Grossman

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »
The mowing units would definately be set at the same heights.  What could happen is the operator might not engage the reels all the way and one or two of them would not completely be set on the ground.  That could be one possibility.

SB

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »
I assumed it was because I now have HDTV and am not squinting to see the course. ;D

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 04:31:52 AM »
The irony of blaming ANGC for setting as maintenance standard that has brought fiscal ruin to the golf industry and then to observe that a single mower may have been adjusted to a slightly different height based upon how it looked on television...

Not a judgment, just strikes me humorously...  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back