News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Confidential Guide or Golf Architecture: which would YOU buy?
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
Both of course!  Although my GA is also one of the copies, wish the photos were higher quality. 

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »
Martin
The particular copy of GA that is on eBay has been bouncing around there for quite a few months and has been listed a number of times and has never sold - clearly due to the very poor condition of the front cover. If anyone wanted to pick it up cheap I'd contact the seller and make them an offer, and as its been on the market quite some time they may consider it. Although as an investment it is always best to buy the best quality copy that you can afford.
cheers Neil

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 06:36:51 PM »
OK, a little off topic. 

I bought a copy of the Confidential Guide back in the late 90's, and this thread got me to thinking about what it is that I have buried in a box in my office, as a result of not unpacking boxes from our move... 6 years ago.

So, how much is this thing really worth?  I've read/seen there are at least two versions of this book, and the one I possess has a reddish/orange cover; copyright 1996 Sleeping Bear Press.  It's in very good condition (not excellent) because I've lost the book's jacket and susbsequently the front cover is a tad faded. 

Not looking to sell, but curious none the less.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »
My  fairly pristine copy with jacket, which if memory serves was also the 1996 Sleeping  Bear edition, recently sold for $300 in a private transaction. That's also the general neighborhood in which the examples sold recently on eBay have fallen. There are some booksellers who show up on eBay and Amazon with copies priced much higher but as far as I can tell they don't tend to actually move lately.

So consider $300 a fair appraisal with the possibility of some discount for condition.

Michael Powers

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »
Neither, that is way to much money to spend, on what? words?
HP

Brent Hutto

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 02:00:04 PM »
Neither, that is way to much money to spend, on what? words?

...and Pictures!

Personally, I wouldn't spend a penny over $229.95 if it didn't have nice photography. ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back