News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Sunningdale in Scarsdale
« on: April 09, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
Club was consdering a neat  restoration of this  Raynor / Tillinghast gem on
very nice terrain.  Has work started ?

Joe Hancock

Re: Sunningdale in Scarsdale
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »
Mark,

Yes, work has started. Last Fall, Mike DeVries and myself, along with the Sunningdale crew, did work on the 11th green and fairway, 12th tees and green, the tees on 13 and the green on 14. We also added a new back tee on 15. We intend on being back out there this coming Fall for another section of holes to work on.

There was a thread back in December that had some pictures on it. I may try to find it for you, but you may be better at using the search function on here than I am.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Adam Clayman

Re: Sunningdale in Scarsdale
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »
Mark, Mike DeVries has started the current phase. Hopefully there will be others, too.
 There was a relatively recent thread on it, complete with pictures. I'll see if I can find it.
Most of the work has been done to the corner of the property with the drop shot par 3. #12 I think.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back