News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Richards

The Island of Sankety Head and Nantucket GC
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:56:11 AM »
Was investigating these two courses and was told that they might be 'seasonal' golf courses - meaning they won't open up until spring comes.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Also, any other pertinent information regarding them both would be appreciated.

Cheers!
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Scott Witter

Re: The Island of Sankety Head and Nantucket GC
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »
Paul:

I talked with the super at Sankaty Head a couple weeks ago and though it was quite cold, they were open to their regular members.  Given their location, I would imagine they are seasonal, but that might depend on ones personal tolerance of 40 mph wind and 35 degree temps  :o

BTW, spring arrived March 20th :D   If the opportunity presented itself, I would not pass on the chance to play this course.  It IS truly unique with a great history, very good routing and definitely F & F conditions.  If you have time, go to windows live local.com and call it up.  This will give you a very good sense of what you could expect.

Phil McDade

Re: The Island of Sankety Head and Nantucket GC
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
Paul:

Mike Sweeney has the definitive write-up here, with very good pics, on Sankaty Head here:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,29530.0.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back