News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Spaulding

Re: Intimidating first tees - PUBLIC courses
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »
I would cast a vote for "The Prince" on Kauai. A brutal first hole/tee shot. Substantially downhill with junk left/right/long.....which if memory serves, from the tips you can't even see.....and you'd better get some distance on the tee ball, or the 2nd shot is impossible.

TP South is not far behind, given the length and typical rough. You had better pipe a drive or you will make no better than bogey.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Evan_Green

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
I'll cast a vote for Wente Vineyards in Pleasanton, CA - especially from the back tee. 460 yard hole with a steep downhill tee shot (100 foot drop). Right is utter death (lateral hazard ravine and no chance for recovery) . Left is high grass and vineyards (OB) and the fairway's not all that wide... For the first tee shot of the day, its exceptionally tough. Good news is, the tee box is secluded so no one can see you self destruct out of the gate...

Tim Bert

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »
The Judge at Capitol Hill is not one of my favorite courses nor do I particularly care for the first hole - but the first tee shot is certainly intimidating.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back