News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

By the way, Lester, you are such a macro thinker, I'm sure you've thought about a way to make water flow uphill, right?

Kyle Harris

By the way, Lester, you are such a macro thinker, I'm sure you've thought about a way to make water flow uphill, right?

Thomas E. Paul!

You know full well it can!

TEPaul

"As far as Bin-Laden,  I can definitely reduce the problem to topo there as well.  Give me enough munitions and I'll convert it all to FLAT!!!"

There you go Lester. Now you're talking.

I don't think you've been on this website long enough or enough to have seen this particular story from me but the coolest remark I think I've ever heard in my life came off the pen of that "get-in-their-face" sometimes war reporter, Christopher Hitchens. You probably know the guy as he's from D.C. He's out of his mind but I love the guy.

Anyway, he was over in Pakistan at the beginning of the Afgan War when we were taking out the Taliban government and their fellow travelers. Things were so hot in Afganistan Hitchens was hanging in Pakistan, and during a briefing, the US Military was telling him how the Taliban treated women---how they tortured them and did anything to them they felt like---completely humiliated them.

That got Hitchens's temperature up big-time and then some U.S Air Force general told Hitchens that in the sorties flying bombing runs into Afganistan at the Taliban off the USS Carl Vinson in our latest and best fighter-bombers two of the pilots were women (one I saw interviewed later off Iraq and she was one slim, slick ultra good looking black gal with eyes so focused they could hypnotize you).

So Hitchens was so pissed he hied on down the street and burst into the Afgan Taliban embassy in Pakistan and announced at the top of his voice to the Taliban brass:

"Ok, you f...ing assholes, this is your worst nightmare----SHE's pissed, she's packing and she's heading for YOU!!"

Greatest remark I've heard in decades.  ;)

Steve_ Shaffer

Bueller?

Will someone answer the question: Is this project on hold?

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Chris_Blakely

Is the Hershey Hotel GC still around? 9 hole Maurice McCarthy design.

Lester,

If you are interested in a well preserved McCarthy course (at least it was two years ago) - Marywood CC in Battle Creek, MI is a very good McCarthy course.

Chris

Lester George

Tom,

A few motivated and well coordinated Marine Corps Snipers or Navy Seals with the proper intel and we would have creased Bin-Ladens cornea a few years back.  Lets hope we get him soon.

Rory and Steve,

The work isn't really on hold.  Once we discovered the total scope of the fix for the West Course it made perfect sense to see what could be done to avoid some of the permit hurdles involved with the floodplain.  We took a look at the entire drainage area for the region, along with some other long term goals of the club and advanced a plan to build a new East Course first, then build a world-class practice facility, THEN complete the West Course using a different strategy.  I can't go into the details but it is the MACRO plan that Tom is eluding to.

We are still working and plan to break ground in 2010 on the new East Course.  That will set everything in motion to complete all the tasks by 2015.  I spend a major portion of my time on Hershey now and will for the rest of this year.

Chris,

The old 9 hole course behind the Hotel Hershey is gone and has been replaced with a new swimming complex, restaurant, corporate meeting center and cottages which all opens this year.  I got there too late to make a case for a different plan.  What they have done is fantastic though and makes more sense for the Resort Company's business plan.  Had I been there when they were planning this I would have endorse what they were doing because the old hotel golf course was, in fact, not adding to the overall success of the future vision.

Lester

Chris_Blakely

Lester,

Wow, 2 of the 3 McCarthy courses that I have played are NLE!!! :'(

Chris

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back