News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Can Heaven be this good?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 01:51:21 AM »
Byron,
Great trip. I have very fond memories of my golf trip with dad. Tjey atr times to cherish. And a special thank you for downsizing the photos.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »
Bryon
Great photos from what sounds to be an absolutely dream trip.

In your photo of hole 3 at Pasatiempo what purpose does the bunker in the foreground play?  If this a 200 yard par 3 then is the bunker at about 100 yds?

Love the picture from the elevated tee at MPCC, particulary the way in which the prevailing wind has bent the trees behind the green.

Cypress Point - wow this trip just gets better.

Why no pictures from SFGC - is there a ban on cameras there?
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Dan Boerger

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »
Man, I gotta get me a trip out West ... and soon! I know it's been discussed here endlessly (ad nauseum even?), but incredible views and surrounds are inexorably linked to GCA. Witness the 16th at CPC.
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
Bryon,

Congrats on a great trip. Trust me, it doesn't get any better. Back in 1999 my wife and I went to northen California and our lineup was: Cypress Point, Pasatiempo, Stanford, SFGC and Olympic Club (Lake).

My buddy who set up the courses (some friend, huh?) said to me: "I hope you realize there are golfers in northern California who have lived here their entire life who will never get to play these courses."

Glad you experienced the trip of a lifetime.

John

John

My first trip to the States was in October 99 and we played SFGC, Meadow Club, Pebble, Cypress, Spyglass and The Valley Club.

One of the guys we met along the way said the exact same: "I hope you realize there are golfers in northern California who have lived here their entire life who will never get to play these courses."

Let's hope Heaven is this good!!
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

James Bennett

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
From a previous thread - panorama photos

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 09:31:51 PM »
Thanks for the photos and memories.

I did a similar trip last year.  No Pasa or Olympic but did play Spyglass and a course in the valley with Bob Huntley.

Best trip, best company and in Cypress the best course ever played.

Ash,

I know that my memory is not what it once was, but didn't we play at MPCC?

Bob

John Mayhugh

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »
That lineup of courses is heavenly.  Just one of them would be enough to make for a memorable trip, but all of them.....wow.

I keep getting more & more excited about the upcoming Kings Putter.  Won't get to experience all of these courses, but I am going to be fortunate enough to play MPCC (not sure which of the courses, but either are going to be wonderful), Pasatiempo, & Spyglass. 

Are you not permitted to take photos of the golf course at SFGC?  If the chance ever came along, I would comply with the rules but it would be agonizing not to take and share photos of it.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »
Are you not permitted to take photos of the golf course at SFGC?  If the chance ever came along, I would comply with the rules but it would be agonizing not to take and share photos of it.

That was the case when I was there earlier this year.  I think it is okay as I have images like the tee shot at 7 and the approach on 4 etched into my mind.

David Stamm

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 12:22:57 AM »
Bryon, thank you sharing these wonderful pics. There is just nothing like the top courses in No Cal. The landscape combined with some of the greatest architects the profession has ever known makes for powerful images and a feast for the senses. Sharing them with your dad must've made it that much better. What an experience that must've been! Good on ya!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Sean Leary

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
Very cool Bryon.

Where are the bright white sand police today?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back