News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lou_Duran

Re: Tiger in The Hamptons
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »
How would Tiger play NGLA?  What would his effective par be day-in and day-out?

Dean Stokes

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 01:54:19 PM »
How would Tiger play NGLA?  What would his effective par be day-in and day-out?
Depending on the wind - around 64/65.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
Isn't Bear Stearns heavily represented at NGLA and Deepdale?  Could its recent near-demise not open up some coveted membership slots?

What is the policy at LI clubs relative to Tour players having access to their courses?  I suspect that Tiger can pretty much play anywhere, anytime he wants to.  Am I right?

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »
"Pretty much" are the key words there, Lou - shutting down a request from Tiger could be a move taken by a lot of clubs to demonstrate their exclusivity.  The "anytime" part is the toughest one I imagine.

I think it was here where I once heard the anecdote about Fred Couples, Greg Norman, and someone else trying to get onto one of the Long Island clubs.

TEPaul

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »
It seems to me if Tiger Woods thinks he wants to play some place it's done in sort of the most low-key way imaginable. In a sense it's done no different than any of us. He seems to like to fly totally under the radar screen and that's got to be pretty interesting to try do if you're Tiger Woods. If he could get in a round out there at one of those East End Long Island courses without even attracting the attention of members I guess it would be considered a victory. I think one of his common ploys that way is to play really early in the morning.

JohnV

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 05:58:56 PM »
A new article on Golf.com says he wasn't the buyer.

Not Tiger

M. Shea Sweeney

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
here you go boys, looks like my round with Elin will have to wait.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/realestate/blog/2008/03/broker_says_tiger_woods_isnt_b.html

Joe Hancock

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
Wow, you guys actually research this stuff too?

My heroes, researching speaking!

;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

TEPaul

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »
Tiger Woods has always said he was cheap and this proves it!!!! The guy is absolutely on top of the world and he won't even go for some measely $65 millon dollar hovel in the Hamptons??

It's shocking, I'll tell you!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »
Mike I cannot believe you let the word out on my new house.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »

Most of the homes on Gin Lane appear to be worht about $20 million with real estate taxes of $50,000 all according to Zillow.

I apologize, something sounded wrong at $65 million and it was:

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/blogs/localknowledge/2008/03/absolutely-fals.html

Here it comes, Jaka was right and I was wrong.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »
Dr. Greco - "Open, please. Good."

Woods - "aaa , I eard at out ampton olf lub as a retty ood ourse, aaa"

Dr. Greco - "Oh, yes, Seth Raynor you know."

Woods - "aaa, I al ays anted oo ay ere."

Dr. Greco - "Oh, yeah? Rinse and open, please."

Woods - "aaaa, ow a aout and ills?  I al ays anted oo ay ere, oo. E an ake eye rivate et."

Dr. Greco - "We'll see. Rinse, please."

Mr. Moore, that has my very early vote as most humorous post of the year.   ;D ;D ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back