News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

Semi OT: Cincinnati Get-Together July 25-27
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
All,

I host a low key golf weekend here in Cincinnati every year.  The primary objective is for folks on various BBs and newsgroups to get together, meet new people, drink some beer, and play some golf.  The website address is below.  I'd love the chance to meet some more GCAers. 

Drop me a private message if you have any questions.

http://www.rsgcincinnati.com/
--
jvdp

Steve Lang

Re: Semi OT: Cincinnati Get-Together July 25-27
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
 8) I may very well be in area during summer vacation.. for my skyline fix..

will peaches "beefy" wellinghoff be there?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Pflum

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
Shivas -- Excellent!  Does that mean I am going to have to specify a "no cheater line" in the Conditions of Competition?  :-)  :-) 

Steve -- Mmmmmmm, Skyline......  I don't know who Peaches is.  ????
--
jvdp

JLahrman

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
Don't ProV1s now come with pre-drawn cheater lines?

And I just read in Golf Digest about how one reader has found his cheater line to be a great aid in lining up his full shots too.

John Pflum

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
Maybe I'll have to ban Pro V1s then.  :-)
--
jvdp

Doug Siebert

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »
Fix the real issue, and ban taking more than 2 seconds to replace your ball after marking it, starting from the time the ball reaches 6" above the green.  I don't care about someone using the cheater line, so long as they are quick about it!

But if you ban the cheater line itself, you would need to ban anything that can substitute as a cheater line.  Someone with sharp eyesight or a lot of patience might be able to use the numeral "1", the letter "i", or the letter "l" to aim, so maybe you should only let people use Precepts numbered 2 thru 9.

Under no circumstances, no matter how badly someone is playing and has run out of balls and doesn't want to buy more, allow anyone to play with range balls.  Those have the most prominent cheater line of any ball ever made! ;)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back