News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Padraig Dooley

Re: Courses that generate "polarized" reactions?
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
No mention of Augusta National yet on this thread, gets plenty of criticisim, but it is the pinnacle for many others.

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Patrick_Mucci_Jr

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 07:02:15 PM »

No mention of Augusta National yet on this thread, gets plenty of criticisim, but it is the pinnacle for many others.

Padraig,

I don't think that ANGC gets ANY substantive criticism from anyone who HAS played it.
[/color]

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »

Padraig,

I don't think that ANGC gets ANY substantive criticism from anyone who HAS played it.
[/color]

Pat

Hopefully I'll get it to play it  ;D
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Jack_Marr

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
Carne is a course that seems to divide people.

Unfathomable to me why anyone would be disappointed, but I have heard it here.  Perhaps a touch of Redbreast should be doled out prior to a round, eh?

But that could make any course seem great...
John Marr(inan)

Ray Richard

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »
Spyglass Hill is one of RTJ's best but some complain about the sudden transition from links style to inland style on one golf course. They prefer that the theme of prevalent ice plants and shaggy bunkers be carried throughout the entire layout, although some of this inland theme might have been caused by the Fazio restoration.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »
Spyglass Hill is one of RTJ's best but some complain about the sudden transition from links style to inland style on one golf course. They prefer that the theme of prevalent ice plants and shaggy bunkers be carried throughout the entire layout, although some of this inland theme might have been caused by the Fazio restoration.

It would seem that once the course moved inland, the natural veg should be used and not replaced with ice plant, but I do agree that perhaps on a few holes where it would look appropiate that it could be intoduced.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Kyle Harris

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

As for Merion East, there is also a decided split.   Chip Gaskins and everyone else  ;D ;D ;D

Nice one, I call like I see em'  ;)

...after one visit on one day of the year while still missing the fairway twice on the 4th and making par. Such a narrow hole.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back