News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

Re: North Cincinnati, Ohio public golf
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for the much better explainations.  I had forgotten #3 while trying to route the course from memory.
--
jvdp

Criss Titschinger

Re: North Cincinnati, Ohio public golf
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
Having gone to Miami University ...

What about the course at Hueston Woods State Park?  Pretty nice layout but for one "do-or-die"  200+ yd par 3 with all carry over water.

Tom

Played this one a lot too.  Very nice all you can play special after 3PM on Tues and Thurs.  As for the layout, I didn't enjoy it as much as the other ones in the area (throw Liberty C.C. in with Indian Ridge and Buck Point).  Nothing really memorable other than the fact that every par 4 is a dogleg and there's no variety in length of par 3s.  I think they might have built an extra tee on the hole you mention (16) from the whites so mid-high handicappers didn't have to carry 180-200 yards for a par 3.  Haven't played this one in a number of years though.  Would I play this over others mentioned in the Cincy area?  No.

Or maybe I'm just whining because I never scored well there.  It's a good test of golf. Hueston Woods hosted the USGA Pub Links Qualifier for a number of years.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back