News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Forget the equipment ..use wind turbines
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »
Looking at today's scores in the Honda,  I see that in a  field of over 70 players there are but ten that are under par. The cause, a little bit of wind.

Is this the one element that brings these chaps down a much lower leverl of performance?

Bob

John Moore II

Re: Forget the equipment ..use wind turbines
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
The wind is certainly one factor that can make all players hit great shots each time and not simply bomb the ball around and whatever. They all must play good shots each time. The amount of water, along with the wind also hinders the scores.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:06:51 PM »
Looking at today's scores in the Honda,  I see that in a  field of over 70 players there are but ten that are under par. The cause, a little bit of wind.

Is this the one element that brings these chaps down a much lower leverl of performance?

Bob

Wind is certainly a factor Bob. The fact that they're also playing a serious test of golf is another. How many times do you see these guys hit the ball all over the place and still make birdies. There is none of that this week. There is not one shot today that they cannot give 100% on if they wish to score well. Maybe the tour needs more courses like this?
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

James Bennett

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:33:17 PM »
Bob

interesting leader board - perhaps best described as a Commonwealth grouping.  South Africa, England and some Australians!  Perhaps these guys are used to the wind.

I assume the wind interacting with non-resort course hazards made for some more exacting shots at this tournament.  I wonder how Joe Public reacted to the outcome with par being good golf on the closing holes.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

John Moore II

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
I, myself, certainly liked to see par being a good score on the closing holes, makes the guys really play and grind. I'd like to see real hard courses like that every week.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »
I, myself, certainly liked to see par being a good score on the closing holes, makes the guys really play and grind. I'd like to see real hard courses like that every week.
Me too. Unfortunately the golfing masses like to see a pitch and putt with no rough ending at 28 under par. :P
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »
Bob Huntley,

Yes, and when compounded by wirey bermuda rough, all the more so.

Why do you think Texans are such good players?

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Bob Huntley,

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
Lou,

I meant to say that yes, when a Texan, Lee Trevino wins the Majors in the wind, I am convinced.

Bob

Sam Morrow

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
Bob Huntley,

I agree, I saw some fine golf today in southeast Texas, fighting high winds at the always splendid High Meadow Ranch and then in an afternoon round at the always exciting Blaketree National.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
Sam, Is Kyle ready for the assault on Dallas? My hope is that he is rounding nicely into shape. As an aside I spent a large portion of my afternoon chipping ice off my driveway.  :(

Sam Morrow

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »
Sam, Is Kyle ready for the assault on Dallas? My hope is that he is rounding nicely into shape. As an aside I spent a large portion of my afternoon chipping ice off my driveway.  :(

Kyle who?

It's really a shame that I have to give him 9, yes, 9 shots per round.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Sam, If you give Kyle 9 a round you'll shit when you find out how many I require. ;D Just because I play alot doesn't mean I ever said I was any good!

Sam Morrow

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
Sam, If you give Kyle 9 a round you'll shit when you find out how many I require. ;D Just because I play alot doesn't mean I ever said I was any good!

Well if Kyle is a 9 that means I'm scratch. I disagree, I guess I'm just a sucker.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back