News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re: Visitors green fees at Private Clubs?
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2008, 11:03:01 PM »
JK, you are quite correct that I went overboard in using the word "tyrant" to describe what I had been led to believe is more likely a "benevolent dictator" of the club policies at Riviera.  And, I can't speak from personal knowledge that he is a bit of a dictator, and I was indeed only making that example based on other discussions about how the new owner rules the roost there.  My bad.

I'd still like to know what his "buying" that club entails.  Does he own the property in title and deed?  Is it for profit or not-for-profit.  Can he own the property and make the rules, but lease the property and facilities to a not for profit golf  or golfing club? 

I am probably naive when it comes to all these forms of country club organization and ownership, and what constitutes all these entities.  I have been asking repeatedly now for clarification, so I can not be so naive or misinformed.  I do have questions based on my limitted, and perhaps uninformed understandings of some aspects of these structures of CC ownership, and wonder how they relate to public policies if permits to do various things are granted by public government authorities. 

I can pretty much guarantee I'll never be a member of one of these cc's that I have questions about, as they are all out of my league.  But, I can only assure you it isn't some sort of envy thing.  I do note that some clubs seem more welcoming than others, though there is no apparent difference in their legal - organizational structure.  So I'd have to chalk the differences in guest policies to internal culture.  I made it pretty clear, I support their right to make their own rules if they are private.  I don't know how much more I can say, and still ask questions that I didn't think were all that unreasonable. 

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2008, 11:12:46 PM »
Saw this in the paper today and made me think of this thread:

John Moore II

« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »
I am still not certain I understand the answer to ANGC and The Masters. How does it work? The revenue from the Masters is reinvested into the course while the members still have to pay dues, is that correct? Can I assume that the dues at Augusta are very low, or am I way off on that one? I am more interested in how the joint entity works in that situation though, since someone or some 'company' makes loads of money somehow and it goes somewhere.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2008, 06:35:52 AM »
I am still not certain I understand the answer to ANGC and The Masters. How does it work? The revenue from the Masters is reinvested into the course while the members still have to pay dues, is that correct? Can I assume that the dues at Augusta are very low, or am I way off on that one? I am more interested in how the joint entity works in that situation though, since someone or some 'company' makes loads of money somehow and it goes somewhere.

http://www.golfdigest.co.za/stories/df_Special_Report_Masters_in_Finance259.php

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back