News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Mayhugh

Re: Assigned a fourth by the pro shop horror story...
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
I can't remember off the top of my head who posted it or when it was -- but there is a great story of a guy who played Pebble Beach and got paired with someone who brought along his pet white rabbit for the whole round!!
He even took along a video camera to document "fluffy's big day." One of the most surreal stories I have read.

Ask and 'ye shall receive...

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,18015.0.html

Thanks for posting this link.  One of the funniest things I've ever read.  I have actually taken my dog to play before, but I was by myself. Somehow I can't picture a rabbit being all that taken with Pebble....

Zack Kelly

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
I'm sure we all have horror stories of a guy we got paired with, but I've had many more great expierences getting paired up.  I think that is one of the great things about golf, the ability to meet a stranger and instantly have a unique bond.  I'm sorry your expierence wasn't pleasant but I do hope you continue playing with new people and enjoy the benefit that it can bring.
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Jason Topp

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »
Early in our marriage my wife and I had a big argument in the morning over how much I play golf.  Somehow the argument ended with my wife deciding she would accompany me in an afternoon round.  She walked along and read a book.

Adding to the tension, one of our foursome did not show up and was replaced by a giant guy in a muscle shirt who hit a 220 yard tee shot that included about 40 yards of slice.  The guy has the round of his life.  He was probably an 18 handicap but was 3 or 4 over par through 16 holes.  After nearly every shot, however, he would erupt with rage and let loose a string of obscenities.   The bounces always worked out for him abnd he kept his round going.

The 17th hole was a 225 yard par three over a pond.  The guy hit his usual slice and it looked fine, but hit a rake and bounced straight back in the water.  The guy dropped one and chunked it into the water again.  The guy went on an incredible tirade.

My wife looked up from her book and said "You need to learn how to express yourself" and went back to reading.

I moved away from her in case violence would soon follow.

He broke into a laugh.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »
I'm sure we all have horror stories of a guy we got paired with, but I've had many more great expierences getting paired up.  I think that is one of the great things about golf, the ability to meet a stranger and instantly have a unique bond.  I'm sorry your expierence wasn't pleasant but I do hope you continue playing with new people and enjoy the benefit that it can bring.

Zack,
Good point, I can only think of one or two bad experiences with playing partners and many more good ones.

The negative one I remember most was in a junior tournament when a guy in my group made a 24 on the first hole (430 par five from our tees), not counting whiffs. There were more whiffs than shots.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back