News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Thompson

The First "Triple Green" in Asia!
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
A press release crossed through my inbox this morning and before I could press delete, I saw this:

"Please see below a news release about the opening of Schmidt-Curley's Plantation Course at Siam Country Club ( Pattaya , Thailand ). The layout is highlighted by the first triple green in Asia."

Is this what we've come to? Differentiating your course by having a triple green? Is that what is needed in Asia to set your design apart -- silly tricked-up features like a triple green?

Now I'm sure the apocalypse isn't far off.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Joe Hancock

Re: The First "Triple Green" in Asia!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »
Times are tough here. Golf is booming in Asia. The Asian culture is different. S-C has a lot of work over there, and they do a lot of pretty good stuff.

I'm sure the clients asked for it, or at least for something "different". What was S-C to do?

I'm sure that back in the day, the double greens were similarly vilified, at Pine Valley no less. Today they are revered by many.

And so it goes......

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back