News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Hagel

The Pit
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
Has anyone out there played The Pit recently. We (8 guys) are going to the Pinehurst area in June and for a number of reasons (such as aerification schedules knocking out some favorite courses) The Pit has made the short list.  Last time I played it was about 7 years ago and it was in pretty rough shape. :-\ I have always enjoyed many of the holes there but was wondering if they improved their upkeep at all.

Thanks

Brock Peyer

Re:The Pit
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:16:51 AM »
Bill,
I played it last March and it was in decent condition then, it wasn't bad but it wasn't in incredible condition either.  You know about the course, it is fun once in a while.
Brock

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:03:34 AM »
UCLA played in the pit last weekend. The Oregon coach and the athletic director sent letters of apology for the behavior of the crowd in the pit.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

CJ Carder

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »
I played The Pit back in June 2005 when I was down there for the US Open.  It wasn't in bad shape then, but I agree with Brock, it wasn't in great shape either.  What are the other courses on your short list?  

Bart Bradley

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »
Played "The Pit" last September...what a poor experience...Took over 3 hrs to play the front nine...Left after 11 holes to go meet family for dinner.  I was unimpressed with the course and the condition was average/below average for the price.  Surely, there must be a better choice.

Bart

Evan_Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
My brother plays it every year with his buddies in early November.  He said there was nothing wrong with the conditioning last Nov.  

Myself, I would take my money and play a different course.  I don't think The Pit is worth the money they charge as there are better options for your money.  Of course that's just my opinion.

John Moore II

Re: The Pit
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
The Pit is ok, not in great condition though. Not terrible. But I would not spend the money to play there just because I do not generally like the golf course.

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: The Pit
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 10:25:14 PM »
The Pit is ok, not in great condition though. Not terrible. But I would not spend the money to play there just because I do not generally like the golf course.

Having not been there myself, what do you not like about it?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back