News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Moum

Re:Cruden Bay proposes dramatic changes to holes 4, 14,15 and 16
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »
I find it fascinating that Cruden Bay would make such a change, or that someone with the club would be so near sighted. Truth is I've never met anyone who made the trip to Cruden Bay who found the quirky bits anything other than intriguing and most had the same response I did -- they wanted to go back.

Well, there is the issue that a lot of the local residents think Cruden Bay is the third best golf course in the area. Rating both Peterhead and Fraaserbrough ahead of it.

At least that's what I was told by several people, including a well-known greenkeeper.

When I asked why, the quirk us Americans like so much in those holes was the only answer they could come up with.

Others obviously disagree.

Ken
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Robert Thompson

Re: Cruden Bay proposes dramatic changes to holes 4, 14,15 and 16
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
It would be interesting to see the financial impact North Americans have on Cruden Bay's bottom line. I bet the locals who complain don't bring in the same kind of cash, and I wonder who many international members (ie. cash cows) Cruden Bay will continue to have if the course changes go badly.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »
I think those of us that are great fans of Cruden Bay need to raise a glass in toast to what Frank Pont will be saving for us. Ran's article of Frank allowed me a huge sigh of relief for the future of the golf course.
Thank you Frank, I think I can put my Cruden Bay head cover back on my Driver.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Philippe Binette

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 04:16:34 PM »
Fraserburgh is a really good course (worth seeing) with the 1st and 18th being as boring as it could be.
It's not as dramatic as Cruden Bay but a little more straightforward...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back