News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dunlop_White

Website Upgrade: "Remove Topic" and "Lock/Unlock" tabs?
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »
I just noticed the "Remove Topic" and "Lock/Unlock" tabs located only on the threads that you have started. (bottom left) Is this a new feature? If so, does the original poster now have the ability to trash his own topic and lock out unruly participants if things get rough. Are we now the moderators of our own topics?

John Kavanaugh

Re: Website Upgrade: "Remove Topic" and "Lock/Unlock" tabs?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
Yes we can...I just removed my latest Bandon thread and the stupid Tiger thread.  This is great.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:21:49 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Phil Benedict

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
I assume we should clean up our threads that have run their course and are just cluttering up the DG.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:27:26 AM »
I assume we should clean up our threads that have run their course and are just cluttering up the DG.

Yes,

When Huck comes on and turns your thread into some sort of mancrush tea party you just lock it up or delete the entire thing.  As a matter of fact, I hope Dunlop deletes this thread.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »

Yes,

When Huck comes on and turns your thread into some sort of mancrush tea party you just lock it up or delete the entire thing.  As a matter of fact, I hope Dunlop deletes this thread.

Love it!  This is going to be a boon to you, John.  You can get your jollies and then delete the evidence.  It has to be a GCA dream come true for you.

Just be VERY careful what you post in other people's threads....

BTW, I gave you a sincere answer in that self-glorification Bandon thread you did.  It was others who started man-crush tea parties, not me.

And I'm sure you do hope Dunlop deletes this thread.  Dunlop, please do NOT delete this - not for awhile anyway.  A Kavanaugh without accountability is not a pleasant thought.

TH

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
I hope no one chooses to delete threads.  This board is like a living, flawed archive -- an improved search function will help people access ideas, pictures, etc that are of great value.

Too bad we didn't get an OT Board -- could have just set up a "time bomb" feature on everything that went on it...

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
Yes we can...I just removed my latest Bandon thread and the stupid Tiger thread.  This is great.

I'm sure you love it.  Hide the evidence.

Dunlop_White

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »
The tabs vanished! ???

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
Dunlop - the moderators here saw what use they could be put to in the hands of evil.
 ;)

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Dunlop's emoticon looks like it's got two black eyes and Tom's looks like it's got one swollen eye and one black eye.  It looks like it got squished by that chunk of Berlin Wall in the MS cafeteria.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back