News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re:GCA Dinner @ Golf Ind. Show in Orlando Jan 31
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »
Steve Curry and I will be holding down a table late Thursday night at Florida's premier wine bar and cigar emporium, Corona Cigar, nearby on Sand Lake Blvd. off I-Drive. See you there.

I hate to take a pass on the opportunity to blow smoke in the face of a cancer survivor but I'm going to be busy spooning with young boys down at the Newman Center.  Good luck Steve and great to see you back at the show.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 08:49:07 AM »
 I will be hitting the road tomorrow morning. I Will have some time tomorrow late afternoon in Louisville before I have to pick someone up at the airport at 9pm, so if anyone nearby wants to have a beer.....

For those that are planning on Wednesday evening in Orlando, it looks like it will work better to stay close to the hotels for dinner. Maybe we'll steal John Conley's recommendation.

If you sent me a phone number, expect a call as Wednesday approaches. If you want to join the Wednesday crowd, let me know either through here or email, and leave me your cell number. The more the merrier.

Safe travels to all,

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mike Hendren

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:31 AM »
May I suggest someone post the rules for paying the tab to avoid an acrimonious repeat.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Joe Hancock

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
May I suggest someone post the rules for paying the tab to avoid an acrimonious repeat.

A true sign of an old timer...... ;D

Whatever those rules are, we shouldn't need them...but it might be wise, just in case!

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Rob_Waldron

Re:GCA @ Golf Ind. Show Moved to Jan 30
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
The GCA Get Together at the Golf Industry Show has been moved to WEDNESDAY JANUARY 30 at 8:00 PM. The venue will remain The Front Row. There will not be a reserved room but rather group gathering at the bar. Joe Hancock will be your host.

Front Row Sports Bar
8126 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
www.frontroworlando.myfridays.com
E-mail: frontrow0602@bellsouth.net
407-363-1414
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:44:06 PM by Rob_Waldron »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
Joe Hancock will be your host.

Way to kill an event........ ;D

Joe

Ken Moum

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
The GCA Get Together at the Golf Industry Show has been moved to WEDNESDAY JANUARY 30 at 8:00 PM.

Dang! I have a commitment for 6:00 to 7:30 that night. I will most likely try to get there ASAP

Now all I need is to get the Jayhawk game there.

Ken
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Joe Hancock

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
One more bump, in case someone missed it and to highlight the new details that Rob Waldron graciously posted.

I'll be driving from NC to Orlando tomorrow, so it is unlikely that I will see anything else here before we meet around 8 pm at the Front Row Sports Bar.

Hope to see and meet as many as possible!

Joe

Brian Phillips

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »
I can probably make the 8pm Wednesday meet.  Hope to see you guys there...cheers.

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
You lot still hungover from last night?
C'mon, we need Asspics.
(It has been snowing like crazy in Fife/Scotland/UK today and I'm missing out on my almost-annual Florida visit...brrrrrrrrr!)

Show me: "Having fun in the Sun"...

FBD.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:53:33 PM by Martin Glynn Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ken Moum

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »

C'mon, we need Asspics.

No hangover, but was an interesting evening.

It's nice to be able to put a face with the name.

Ken
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Joe Hancock

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2008, 11:29:20 PM »

C'mon, we need Asspics.

No hangover, but was an interesting evening.

It's nice to be able to put a face with the name.

Ken

Ken,

Which face did you put with what name? I'm all mixed up....

Joe

Mike_Young

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 09:37:50 PM »
Joe,
I put one name to several faces.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Ken Moum

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »
Ken,

Joe

Ummmm....

Now that you mention it, I put a young face on an old soul.

If you get my drift.

Ken

Mike_Young

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Ken,

Joe

Ummmm....

If you get my drift.

Ken
Wow...that hurts...... ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Ken Moum

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 08:49:02 PM »
Ken,

Joe

Ummmm....

If you get my drift.

Ken
Wow...that hurts...... ;D

I meant it as a compliment.

The sagacity of Mr. Hancock's posts here lead me to think he was older than me.... When in fact he's almost 15 years younger.

I happen to like old souls. Whether the body or not.

K

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back