News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dean Stokes

Bill Diddel - why no mention?
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
I was fortunate last week to play the Jupiter Island Club in Florida. I truly enjoyed the course that although is rather short, had a nice routing with simple but effective green complexes and good bunkering. I believe if this course was 500 yards longer you would hear a lot about it. Anyway. I got to wondering who designed such a fine course. Bill Diddel. Who?

http://www.billdiddel.com/index.htm

This guy designed plenty of golf courses. I have never heard of him and in my time on this site no one has ever mentioned him. I even did a search - nothing. His history makes for great reading.

Do any GCAers know anything about his work and possibly the reason he is never mentioned.  Have any of you played any of his courses? Did any of you know him?
If any of his other work is as pleasant as the JIC I would have thought we would be talking about him. Am I missing something here?

Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Joe Bausch

Re: Bill Diddel - why no mention?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »
Well, I believe there has been two threads recently on Mr. Diddel.  At least one of the two has been very recent I think!
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Dean Stokes

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
Well, I believe there has been two threads recently on Mr. Diddel.  At least one of the two has been very recent I think!
I just tried to search his name again and got nothing.  ???
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

John Nixon

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »
I just tried to search his name again and got nothing.  ???

Do a search for "Bill Diddel" (with the quotation marks) - turns up a bit.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:03:12 PM »
I think the most recent thread had "William Diddle" in the title. Try that too....

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
Try a search with "Northwood Club"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back